The Florida High Tech Corridor Council provides up to $150,000 in matching funds for applied research projects between local industry partners and university researchers. This includes projects funded by Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) awards.
To be eligible for funding, research projects must:
- Involve an industry partner with a significant presence in the 23-county Corridor region and a principal investigator from one of the three universities: UCF, USF and UF;
- Focus on applied research that supports the development and commercialization of new technologies; and,
- Include support for at least one university student researcher on the project.
Participation in the MGRP has become increasingly competitive. The program prioritizes funding for projects that:
- Generate new intellectual property or technology.
- Develop and commercialize existing university technology.
- Leverage federal funding through the SBIR/STTR or other programs.
- Invest in the strategic research areas of UCF, USF and UF, and The Corridor region’s key industry sectors.
- Engage new industry or faculty participants.
- Encourage interdisciplinary collaboration between colleges at the university or across multiple Corridor university campuses.
- Provide a tangible impact for the industry partner, including revenue, workforce expansion, etc.
- Provide high-level, hands-on research experiences for university students and fellows.
How to Apply
Proposals are reviewed year-round by a committee of researchers and partners at each university. Companies located within the 23-county region may submit proposals to collaborate with researchers from one, two or all three universities. Faculty researchers may also submit applications. Application requirements and investment matches may differ between universities. Please contact the program directors directly for more information.
Assistant Director, Office of Research & Commercialization
University of Central Florida
Matching Grants Program Director
University of South Florida System
Assistant Vice President, Research Program Development
University of Florida